The purpose of the digital marketing manager role is to drive the Zixty brand forwards through the use of a wide range of digital and traditional media. Playing a key role in acquiring and retaining customers, the role requires the holder to create and edit their own ‘in-house’ content as well as to engage with, brief and manage the output of external freelancers and agencies.
Zixty Head of Marketing
- Brand : Ensure that the Zixty brand is applied consistently across a wide range of digital channels, including the website, social platforms, streaming services, and all other communications
- Organic and paid social : Drive the Zixty social presence using a variety of techniques and tactics to build exposure and affinity, including interacting with consumers and other brands.
- Pay Per Click : Adept in planning, implementing, measuring and optimising pay per click, including Google Ads, and Apple Search Ads
- Website : Ensure that the Zixty website is maintained in a timely, user friendly and SEO optimised manner, and that all content has been subject to all relevant approvals prior to use.
- CRM : Build the Zixty CRM programme to ensure that relevant and engaging communications are sent out in a timely fashion.
- SEO : Work to shape and implement the Zixty SEO strategy with the objective of delivering relevant traffic to the Zixty website
3-4 years in a similar role, gained in either a B2C or B2B environment.
Experience of digital marketing, including:
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Organic and paid social
- Pay per click including Google Ads and Apple Search Ads
- Web analytics and reporting (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Content Management Systems (CMS)
Search Engine Optimisation
- Oversee and develop the SEO content schedule, brainstorming, creating, editing and publishing new articles and pillar pages that relate to focus keywords.
- Source and resize imagery to ensure optimum website performance.
- Grow domain authority with a link-building strategy that includes identifying backlink opportunities and outreach.
- Leverage tools such as SEMRush, Search Console and Google Analytics for reporting on important KPIs.
- Conduct regular keyword and competitor analysis to help identify new opportunities for traffic growth.
- Monitor website performance, involving web developers when necessary to resolve technical issues.
- Own and evolve the existing social media content strategy by creating, sourcing, repurposing content that relates to the brand, current events and topics that matter to our target audience.
- Liaise with copywriters to ensure a consistent flow of new articles to be shared to social media.
- Use Hootsuite to draft and schedule content for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Report on and analyse important KPIs such as follower counts, likes and comments to help optimise the strategy.
- Conduct quarterly competitor analysis to keep tabs on what similar businesses are doing on social media.
- Respond to those that engage with Zixty across our social channels, escalating issues where necessary.
- Be the go-to person for all editorial and structural updates on the Zixty website (currently built on wordpress), creating new and amending existing templates, maintaining the structure and hierarchy of content.
- Keep a record of all website changes to help resolve future technical problems.
- Ensure all content gets the appropriate approvals before it is published.
Customer Relationship Management
- Configure our CRM platform to send timely communications to the customer database in order to drive customer satisfaction, loyalty and revenue.
- Set-up triggered emails that enhance the customer experience
- Segment and nurture customer cohorts with personalised workflows
- Develop engaging email marketing campaigns to relate to tentpole moments for the target audience
- Provide reporting and analysis of various customer-lifecycle stages in order to identify potential issues or opportunities for growth
- Ensure all CRM systems and practices are privacy and TCF compliant